Chaves County 4-H Youth Development
The Chaves County 4-H program provides a creative and supportive environment in which youth and adults can learn by doing, --through activities outside school where children and teens can learn and grow! We have 9 traditional 4-H clubs throughout the county, which participate in exploring more than 200 project areas from citizenship to woodworking, livestock to leadership, sewing to rocketry and 1 Cloverbud 4-H club for youth ages 5 - 8! Our 4-Her's participate in county, state and regional fairs, leadership retreats, community service projects and numerous competitive events.
Anyone can join 4-H! Have YOUR family JOIN our family!
Chaves County 4-H Clubs
- Barn Buddies 4-H Club~3rd Thursday; 6:30 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Berrendo 4-H Club~2nd Thursday; 7 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Cloverbuds 4-H Club (5-8 year olds)~2nd Tuesday; 6:00 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Denim & Dust 4-H Club~1st Monday; 6:30 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Diamond H 4-H Club~1st Wednesday; 7 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- East Grand Plains 4-H Club~3rd Thursday; 3:00 pm; EGP Cafeteria - 3773 E. Grand Plains Rd.
- Kountry Kids 4-H Club~1st Friday; 7 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Rustic Arrows 4-H Club~3rd Wednesday; 7 pm; Sierra Volunteer Fire Department - 603 S. Brown Rd.
- Shepherd's Flock 4-H Club~3rd Monday; 6:30 pm; Extension Auditorium.
- Valley Rascals 4-H Club~4th Monday; 7 pm; Moss's Barn - 541 Choctaw Rd Hagerman, NM.
Volunteers - The Heart of Our Program!
Discover the world of 4-H! In 4-H, kids and adults spend time together learning new skills, developing hidden talents, making new friends and having fun! The Chaves County 4-H program reaches over 3,600 kids, over 100 leaders and volunteers share their knowledge and experiences teaching life skills to help youth become better communicators, more effective leaders, enhance their organizational and management abilities, improve self-motivation and self-esteem, foster cooperation and teach responsibility to become productive members of society. Whether you want to be a club leader or work with kids on a short term project, there's a role for YOU in Chaves County 4-H!!!